Wednesday, December 21, 2011

hi-language.org expired

Oh great, I didn't look at it for a while, now the domain expired and they deleted the whole site... Great, that the DNS entry expires okay, but why delete a perfectly functioning Google Site? (Oh great, I found it again.)

Anyway, I decided I'ld start the whole project again. I learned enough from the prototype to know what works, and what doesn't, so whatever. Think I'll just start a new site again, hopefully, most of the bits are still on this laptop.

Great, when a Google Sites domain expires, the automatic interaction between Google Apps and the hosting provider breaks. Two options: reregister with the hosting provider, reinstall the DNS records, and hope stuff will work from that point on, or -what I think is the least error-prone- register a new site...

No comments:

Post a Comment