Monday, August 16, 2010

Log 081610

Start of a new day. I'll get that release ready; shouldn't spend too much time on it. As compilers go, I doubt there will be a lot of interest in a pre-release of a bootstrap compiler.

Removed most debug prints from the code. Left the type inference debug prints since I'll work on that for the coming period. Removed parsing of series statements, since it looks like it actually increases the number of bugs made by programmers (me).

It takes some time to build a proper bootstrap. Also, I guess I should first use it myself a bit before releasing it. If anything, the gain will be that at least I will be using nicely numbered editions of the bootstrap compiler. There are a number of small things in it which I want to fix anyway before rewriting the typing code.

No comments:

Post a Comment